Having trouble shopping for the picky, cunchy, healthy person in your life? The type of person who uses phrases like, ‘no refined sugar’, ‘no animal products’, (that means leather too people, omg hello) ‘organic only’, ‘gluten free’, ‘no parabens,’ etc. can be very challenging to buy for– I should know, wink.
As a healthy person myself, I am always searching for useful gifts that are unique and personal. Here are a few of my faves for those au naturale friends or family members.
1) The Sweet Treat Lover: Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies– These are the best homemade gift ever! My husband dubbed them ‘little pumpkin pillows,’ which is the perfect description. The recipe calls for Maple syrup instead of sweetener and coconut oil instead of canola so you’ve basically hit the Pinterest jackpot folks! I found the recipe here and subbed apple sauce for bananas, perfectly sweet and fluffy! I even baked a few in a mini cupcake pan and they came out like cookie muffins, pure magic!
2) The Glamour Chick: Tarte Lights, Camera, Action mascara– This stuff seriously rocks. ‘A lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning mascara infused with olive esters to condition, treat, and protect lashes.’ You should see my lashes, bonkers.com!
3) The Scent Maven: The Goddess Line– I’ve been obsessed with these roll on perfumes ever since I bought my first at Kripalu Wellness Center a couple of years ago. They all smell awesome and each has unique mood enhancing qualities as well so you can find the perfect lifting or relaxing combo.
4) The Vibe on Demand Chick- Jasmine Aroma Diffuser– I just ordered one and it is FAB! It’s sleek design and variety of color options make it a must have, not to mention you can set the timer to release fragrance for 7 hours straight or in intervals. I’m in lavender heaven!
5) The Holistic Chemist- doTerra Essential oils– Meet your diffusers new best friends! These are pure, unadulterated awesome oils for any and every use you can think of.
6) The Every Day Yoga Pant Wearer: Beyond Yoga– Lulu is over, sorry to burst your lycra bubble ladies! Beyond’s pants are much more acceptable for everyday wear and made of super comfy, soft fabric that goes from class to street brilliantly! Get a size down on the pants though, they run big.
7) The Sexy Yogi- iamVibes– Sassy little numbers abound from this UK based yoga and lifestyle wear company. My question, who doesn’t need a cosmic leotard? Meooow!
8) The Apartment Botanist- Art of Plants Hanging Plants– I love plants, but don’t have a ton of space for them on the floor in my apartment so anything that is unique and can hang is a huge winner in my book! I just picked one of these up at the Brooklyn Night Bazaar in Greenpoint, but you can find them on Etsy as well!
9) The Energy Mantra Maven- Alex & Ani Bangles– Simple, stylish bracelets complete with positive messaging abound and everyone on your list will love them! I’ve bought them for my Mom, Sister, Grandma, and Mom In Law and there are a million choices for every personality and style!
10) The Healthy Foodie- Purely Elizabeth Granola– ‘all-natural and organic foods using nutritious alternative grains and superfood seeds, free of sugar, dairy, wheat and gluten’ from fellow IIN Grad Elizabeth. Basically free of all nastiness and VERY tasty too!
11) The Eclectic Collector- i love me ring– I’m obsessed with this ring, it’s one of the coolest pieces of jewelry I own and the creator Arielle Fierman, is so sweet and lovely you’ll want to buy one of everything! She insisted that I try my new ring on and walking around with it to make sure it’s a perfect fit in both size and energy. She says the purpose of her jeWELLry is ‘to inspire self-love + remind women to love and take care of themselves, first.’ Girl power!
12) The Mood Setter- Soi candles– These guys smell gooood and have healthier ingredients to boot so they don’t fill your air with harmful chemicals.
13) The One Tool Chef- Vitamix! Drum roll please… this is the ultimate kitchen accessory, this thing can make or mix anything- smoothies, juices, soups, alcoholic bevs, ice cream, literally anything! In fact, you don’t really even need any other kitchen appliances if you have one of these, it’s the real deal!
14) Bag Gurl- Baggu Leather Oversized Tote– This is the ultimate eco friendly day bag that is also ideal for travel, I pack a lot of healthy snacks. I’m not a bag girl, but I splurged on this one! ‘BAGGU products are designed to be as eco friendly as possible and are constructed to minimize material waste and ensure high quality.’
15) The Affirmation Junkie: Awakening: A Daily Guide to Conscious Living by Shakti Gawain- An amazing book of quick download, bite size information for the busy person who wants to remained grounded and focused every day of of the year. This was recommended to me by my dear friend Sasha and I got one for myself and want one for everyone on my list now as well! ‘The author shows readers how to recognize and release old patterns and beliefs, and to open to new and nurturing ways in all areas of their lives.’
16) Head to Pits Health Nut- LAVANILLA Deodorant– Don’t expect the switch from conventional, chemical laden deodorant to the paraben and aluminum free variety to be easy, it’s certainly not! I probably tried 10 different products that were all lack luster in smell, texture and consistency, that’s why I was so excited when I found this product. Lavanilla smells lovely and comes in a variety of different vanilla based scents. I love that it comes in a large size or cute mini travel versions as well for on the go, perfect for post yoga or gym.
I could seriously go on all day with this list, it was so fun to make! Hope you enjoy it and please share your fave gifts here as well!